Guideline of visa application in China
Residence permit application
Required materials and procedures:
1) Health certificate issued by the Suzhou Public Health and Quarantine Bureau.
2) “Application for Visa and Residence Permit” issued by the school.
3) “Application Form for International Students Entrance Visa” (JW201 or JW202 form).
4) A passport with an X1 visa or L.
5) Two passport-sized photos
6) Fee: 400RMB 6-11months, 800RMB 12 months and above
Note! Those who have yet to pay their tuition should first pay their tuition and then handle the visa extension.
Extending Visas for a Spouse or Child
Visas for a spouse or children may be extended with the notarized versions done in the Chinese embassy in their home countries. The expiration of the last extension may not exceed the expiration of the student’s own visa.
Visas for family members
S1 visa is issued to the spouses, parents, children under the age of 18 or parents-in-law of foreigners residing in China for work, study or other purposes who apply for a long-term visit to China, as well as for persons who need to reside in China for other personal matters; the S2 visa is for family members of foreigners staying or residing in China for work, study or other purposes who apply for a short-term visit to China, as well as for persons who need to stay in China for other personal matters.
Please contact Zhu Sujing in Room 315 for more details on visa.